OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS! RIXC is delighted to be part of this project together with 10 excellent partnerorganizations from Finland to Greece!
European Media Art Platform / European Media Artists in Residence Exchange 2019. Deadline – December 3, 2018.
The new European Media Art Platform offers residencies for emerging (mostly though not exclusively) media artists in the fields of digital media including Internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers, and those working in media based performance, sound or video as well as robotics or bio-art.
Artists with an EU passport can apply for a two-months residency within April and August 2019 (exact timing has to be negotiated with the host) at one of the following institutions.
Partners (to which you can apply for artist residency, however you can't apply in a residency in your country):
• Ars Electronica, Linz, Austria
• Οnassis Cultural Centre Athens, Greece
• Bandits Mages, Bourges, France
• FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology), Liverpool, England
• Impakt, Utrecht, the Netherlands
• KONTEJNER | biro suvremene umjetničke prakse, Zagreb, Croatia
• LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Guijón, Spain
• M-cult, Helsinki, Finland
• RIXC Center for New Media Culture, Riga, Latvia
• Centrum Sztuki WRO / WRO Art Center, Wroclaw, Poland
• Werkleitz Gesellschaft, Halle (Saale), Germany
More detailed information about the call: http://emare.eu/
Here (a link to Flickr album) you can have a look at the RIXC EMAP 2018 artists in residency Karen Lancel and Hermen Maat (the Netherlands), their activities spent in Latvia while developing their “Kissing Data” work.
+371 67228478 (office)
+371 26546776 (Rasa Smite)