RIXC is one of the EMAP (European Media Art Platform) partners together with 10 other excellent European art centers from Finland to Greece. During the meeting in LABoral center in Gijon, Spain from January 14 until 17 RIXC was represented by Daina Siliņa. The jury selected artists for residencies from 507 proposals according to commonly developed criteria, the artists will be invited for 2 months residency in one of 11 media art centers.
The new European Media Art Platform offers residencies for emerging media artists in the fields of digital media including Internet and computer-based artists, filmmakers, and those working in media based performance, sound or video as well as robotics or bio-art.
EMAP partner organizations:
• Ars Electronica, Linz, Austria
• Οnassis Cultural Centre Athens, Greece
• Bandits Mages, Bourges, France
• FACT (Foundation for Art and Creative Technology), Liverpool, England
• Impakt, Utrecht, the Netherlands
• KONTEJNER | biro suvremene umjetničke prakse, Zagreb, Croatia
• LABoral Centro de Arte y Creación Industrial, Gijón, Spain
• M-cult, Helsinki, Finland
• RIXC Center for New Media Culture, Riga, Latvia
• Centrum Sztuki WRO / WRO Art Center, Wroclaw, Poland
• Werkleitz Gesellschaft, Halle (Saale), Germany
The next open call for artist residencies in 2020 will be announced in September 2019.
More detailed information about EMAP: http://emare.eu/
Here (a link to Flickr album) you can have a look at the RIXC EMAP 2018 artists in residency Karen Lancel and Hermen Maat (the Netherlands), their activities spent in Latvia while developing their “Kissing Data” work.
Support: European Union Programme "Creative Europe" and the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Latvia
+371 67228478 (office)
+371 26546776 (Rasa Smite)